Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Welcome, Inspirational Romantic Suspense Author Ann Mock!


This week we are so happy to have Inspirational author Ann Mock visiting "Gina's World of Good". Ann will be discussing her romantic suspense book Union of the North and the South. She will be giving away a free audio book code which can be loaded on a smart phone, tablet, computer etc. Click the link below to view the awesome trailer for her book Union of the North and the South.
UnionoftheNorthandtheSouthTrailer






Author Ann Mock grew up in Tallahassee, FL
Welcome to my blog, Ann. What is your newest book about?
The Union of the North and the South is a romance and suspense Christian novel set in the South in the 1870's. This is a story of Laura who overcomes personal tragedy, but is forced to hide a secret that, if revealed, will cause her great heartache. She experiences a number of crises that challenge her faith and encourage her to make her former enemies become allies while she deals with her secret. Can she find the strength to forgive as well as love again?

Besides entertaining the readers, I hope they will come to realize the power of forgiveness and the happiness it can bring to your life.





Where did you get your inspiration for this novel?

Twenty years ago I visited a Southern mansion in Vicksburg, Mississippi, that had survived the War Between the States because it had been used as a hospital for wounded soldiers. I was fascinated by a Union cannonball that was still lodged in the door frame over a century later. This inspired me to start my novel, The Union of the North and the South. I thought it would be interesting to have a story where a lead character would be forced to confront someone who had been responsible for shelling her home.

What kind of research did you do for this book?
I have often traveled through the deep South by car, but steaming along the Mississippi on the American Queen steamboat gives one a completely different perspective and made it very special. The experience gave me so many ideas for my novel. The steamboat pulled right up to Oak Alley and the Houmas House mansions. Both of those beautiful homes gave me the idea of how I wanted the ancestral home of Laura Malcolm’s, my heroine, to look.


What intrigues you most about writing these stories?I love the dynamics of the romance between the main characters and the integration of Christian values.



Which of all your characters is your favorite?
Jenny

How did you get started in this genre?

I enjoy reading Christian historical romances and believe everyone has a book inside.


Let’s get personal for a moment: Please share with us the most daring thing you’ve ever done.

That’s hard to say. It could be riding in a hot air balloon. On the other hand it could be riding a camel in the desert, doing a trans-Atlantic cruise, or climbing up a Mayan pyramid that was protected by an armed guard.

Favorite meal? City you would love to visit and why?

Favorite Meal. Southern fried chicken and lots of lima beans.

Favorite City to visit. I love Venice because of the romance of the canals and the beautiful architecture.
To learn more about this author, visit her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AnnMockAuthor


And here are Ann's links:


Thank you so much for visiting, Ann! I wish you many sales. Please come back again to the blog soon.

And dear readers, remember - Ann is having a drawing to give away an audio book; everyone who comments is eligible to win.

Please visit next week when our fantastic guest will be Miss Mae!

Until then, happy reading and may your world be filled with good :-)

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Ann and thank you for visiting! Looking forward to a great week together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann and Regina, What an interesting interview. I'd love to go steaming up the Mississippi. I've taken a paddle boat river ride, but never been on a steam boat. The book sounds fascinating. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail for your comments. I appreciate them so much. The paddle wheeler we took was so relaxing and a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. Ann: I've always been fascinated with all the authors who are familiar with historical times. I admire you for delving into that time period. The storyline sounds like a fresh look at romance in that era. I hope you have many more stories to tell. Regina once again you have pulled in an interesting author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larry! My husband who is an historian helped me so much with the historical aspects of the book. I appreciate your wonderful comments!

      Delete
  4. Hi Regina..I like to read about Venice.... very interesting.. Cheers Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jonathan for your comments. Regina is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann, thank you again for visiting.

    I was wondering about the shimmering emblem in the lower left corner of your book cover.

    Could you please tell us what it refers to and what it means to you as a writer? I am intrigued!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so honored to win the Readers' Favorite Honorable Mention Award for my book! It was so fun to go the awards ceremony in Miami, Florida where I met the other authors from all over the world who had also won.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on that, Ann. What an honor! You must have been very excited. Could you share with us what it felt like when you found out that you won? :-)

      Delete
    3. I was in awe! I couldn't believe it. It was one of the most exciting things to ever happen to me!

      Delete
  8. I really love historical romance, especially if it's Christian or inspirational because I know that its clean romance. I always learn something from the past when I read these stories. I hope you will uplift many readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I completely agree with you! And I find that historical romances, as well as inspirationals, are usually very well written, too.

      Delete
    2. I learned so much history as I wrote my book. My husband is an historian so I was so fortunate to have his help. Thanks for you comment.

      Delete